It is now official: Google+ is part of the “big three” of social media networks. As of February, Sean Johnson reports, Google+ passed up Twitter in terms of active users, making it the second-largest social media network on the Internet. Third is technically YouTube – which can be seen as a niche social network – but the lesson is clear: Google+ is a must-have.
The benefits of Google+ are not to be missed by businesses. Aside from its overtaking of Twitter, Johnson notes a few strengths of the growing social network:
- Search Results: Since Google+ is a Google product, it is going to be indexed more quickly on search results. Google will obviously like its own product, adding SEO benefits.
- Group Hangouts: This group video chat feature is useful for internal purposes – add webinars or product training for customers, and there is plenty to like here.
- Google+ Communities: This new feature can help companies showcase their expertise.
Speaking of the first advantage with SEO, Paul North is quick to add two further benefits of Google. The following search marketing advantages are considerable:
- Adwords: The ad is expanded slightly with your business’ follower count on Google+. Visitors can instantly click the +1 button to potentially grow the presence of this page.
- Regular Web Search: When you company shows in the results, updates from Google+ will show on the right sidebar. This adds some legitimacy that could help a visitor click on your business’ website.
With all of these noted benefits, it is becoming more and more essential for businesses to use Google+. It will only keep growing and adding relevancy to the social media marketing strategy – and searches.